Regional Trade Facilitation Workshop in Djibouti
Cet article est également disponible en : French
The Republic of Djibouti will host on May 14th & 15th 2016, a regional workshop on trade facilitation.
The meeting, co-organized by the PMAESA (Port Management Association of Eastern and Southern Africa), the PORT OF DJIBOUTI S.A. and the CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF DJIBOUTI, will be a unique opportunity to bring together all the key players, from both the private & public sectors, involved in maritime and logistics activities to promote regional and intra-coastal trade.
This workshop will examine several topics, including:
- The status on trade facilitation post signed Tripartite agreement;
- The importance of efficient value chains;
- Specific issues that Ports (Inland and Sea Ports) should take into consideration that are impacting on trade balance;
- The key drivers that are impacting on trade balance influenced by ship/vessels that are calling to Ports;
- Sea Port Corridor Concept;
- Cruise Tourism
- Alignment of vision and future plans on matters of trade facilitation and Intra Regional trade
The launch of an online community portal between the various stakeholders in the port sector will also be on the agenda, as well as the assessment of the need for investments.
Participants for the two day workshop will be drawn from various institutions dealing in commerce and trade within the PMAESA Member Countries. These will include Maritime Authorities, line ministries, shipping lines, freight forwarders and maritime learning institutions. Others will come from selected countries such as Uganda (Ministry of Transport); Egypt (Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport) and Rwanda (Ministry of Transport).
Regional Economic Commissions such as the African Development Bank (AfDB); East African Community (EAC); Common Market for Eastern & Southern Africa (COMESA) and Corridor Management Institutions and many more are expected to play a pivotal role in the success of this workshop.
If you would like to register as a participant or sponsor please fill the following form: